6/4/13

It's VBS Time

Colossal Coaster World time! 

If there even is such a thing, I get the creative gene honest from my Mama. Right now she's a busy bee decorating for VBS at my hometown church. (And yes, I'm going to brag a little.)  She's the VBS director, and every outing with our family revolves around the theme the minute VBS is over, the training, planning decorating and "we need this for VBS". There is no telling how much time and money she gives willingly for this every year. It's her gift. Her niche. 

Today's agenda - Cotton Candy Cafe for snacks. Cuteness!

And before I get any ideas on "ooooo I need that for ABC's party", all this is typically donated (literature, too) for other churches without a VBS budget. Last year, 4 churches were able to use the same materials! What an awesome way to pass on the gospel!

I can't wait to see more! I'll get to go back to our daily conversations after June 15.  Lost her to VBS. But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

AND------
Big news! AO is going to her first VBS next week with NanO! She'll get to experience my favorite week of the year!

One of these days I'm going to figure out a way to take off and teach VBS. I miss it!

Now I'm waiting on the sanctuary pictures. It's always spectacular. 

Sure, the decor isn't necessary. But if being creative gets kids excited about a whole week of learning about Jesus, why not go the extra mile? 

1 comment :

  1. I always enjoy seeing how your Mama decorates for VBS! It is always spectacular, and you are right, your mother is definitely gifted in this area!

    ReplyDelete