7/24/10

A Kinda-Sorta Update

WHAT a week.

We went back to the doctor on Thursday. Ultrasound confirmed our fears. Impending miscarriage.  We're ok. I knew in my heart because of some God-given peace before the ultrasound on Thursday, but I needed the confirmation for a "clear conscience" moving into the next step. This "next step" for what to do now that we know it's not a viable pregnancy has been worse than initially finding out. Harder emotionally for sure. It makes it real, and dragging it out has been tough on us all. 

Our Dr. R was out on vacation, so we saw Dr. M. We scheduled a D&C for Friday with the surgery doctor on call, Dr. B. We left the office Thursday with instructions for the D&C Friday morning.

Around 7 PM, Dr. M called to tell us Dr. B does not want to do the D&C and thinks an alternate route is better. After talking to Dr. M, we decided to take misoprostol to induce the miscarriage. We take 600 mg Thursday night and wait. It's suppose to kick in within 4 hours, but for sure within 12. (We decided to both be off from work, since I might need the 3 full days....) It was suppose to be pretty rough. Lots of cramping and other "stuff" that is not so pleasant. I've barely had any twinges, much less full blown pain like I was told to anticipate.

By Friday afternoon, nothing happens. I called the office, and we have our 4th doctor, Dr. E. She has a nurse call us back. We're told to ride it out through the weekend.

Saturday afternoon. Still nothing. FIFTH doctor, Dr. S. calls us back. Said the likely hood of this working now is very slim, and we need to reschedule our D&C Monday with our regular doctor, Dr. R.  Dr. S questions Dr. B's reasons for not having the D&C on Friday, as planned. We could take the meds again if it's what we want, but it's probably not going to do anything since it didn't phase me the first round.

Yep, looks like I'm the 1% where the drug doesn't work. Figures.(I'm sure it has something to do with all the c-sections in my family. Between my mama, aunt and first cousin, I come from a line of no contractions and no dilating...absolutely nothing.)

I've tried so hard to make me a big gallon of lemonade from all these lemons, but I'm about ready to start throwing lemons at people like hand grenades. I'd be lying if I didn't say this royally stinks! The waiting is torturous. Going through 5 doctors in a week (4 in 3 days) with different ways of handling things and differences of opinions has been rough too. We had mentally prepared ourselves for Friday, but not for another 6 days.  On a normal time period I could be more patient. I could wait for my body to do it's own thing. Or to at least start it's own thing. BUT, I leave for Chicago for a hardware show 2 weeks from Sunday. The goal was to have this over with this weekend so I could fully recover by Chicago. I'll be gone for 8 days with a bunch of men, and I don't want to take my chances something happening up there with out my mama and John. I have SO much going on right now at work. I need to be on full throttle at work and with Daisymaes catching up. It's bad timing, it really is. But it's God's timing, so I'm sure HE has His reasons.

So, what have I done this weekend? I was told to take it easy....Besides, my brain honestly can't handle much more right now.

First, I had a Shirley Temple film fest. I LOVE her. She's so wholesome! I watched The Little Princess and Heidi. Two of my all-time favorites!




Then John (with a little help) made chicken noodle soup. Just what we needed. Completely comforting and made with love. :-)

Today Mama came over for entertainment. We went to lunch at Cracker Barrel and went by Treasure Hunt. (We thought walking around might do me some good. Not to mention the necessity of SOUL comfort food.)

Tomorrow afternoon we're tackling orders. Thank goodness we cleaned house last weekend, because I SURE don't feel like it now.

So, basically, we're still waiting. Waiting, praying and wishing for this chapter to be over so we can move on to the next chapter. Still praying for peace and patience.

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31


Thank you so much to all the sweet emails and messages. They really have meant a lot! I'll keep you posted!

Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment